You Might also like
#InternationalWomensDay #makelemonade Chef AJ Danielle Omar Elizabeth Johnston Jenny Oaks Baker Jo Ellen Soesbee Joi Whaley Kristi Ling Lauri's Lemonade Stand Lindsey Richter Merrilee Boyack Rebecca RuschBy Lauri Mackey — 1 year agoInternational Women’s Day!At Lauri’s Lemonade Stand we Celebrate Women Every Day!I love days when we celebrate the women in our lives! Today, I thought I would simply give a huge shout-out to all of the women who agreed to be on my podcast. It’s been almost a year (next month) and those early birds truly were taking a chance on me in being among the first to come under the interview knife so to speak as I was learning to fly. Thank you!Over the next 4 weeks I will celebrate them in 10’s so as not to overwhelm you with too much information. Here are the first 10 episodes of Lauri’s Lemonade Stand, a Positivity Podcast for Women…it just keeps getting better and better and I was fortunate to have this heavy hitters in my opening episodes.Rebecca Rusch on episode #001 who’s career highlights include:Joi Whaley who is the co-owner and founder of our local all-organic, all-vegan favorite restaurant, Joi Cafe’ in Westlake Village, episode #002. She is a HUGE advocate for women’s rights!Lindsey Richter – The founder of Ladies AllRide has a mission: Change women’s lives with two wheels and some dirt. Of all her wild life experiences (like being a Reality TV star on the CBS show: Survivor) it was mountain biking that taught Lindsey life is about CREATING yourself, not finding yourself. Now as a world-renowned leader in the women’s mountain bike movement, Lindsey spreads her passion for mountain biking across the globe through innovative and inspirational skills camps. Listen to her episode #003 and share in the magic!Jo Ellen Soesbee is the ToolBoxTomGirl! Listen to her episode #004 on the guts it took to make it in a men’s world and how her woman’s touch was just what everyone was looking for by way of service. The award-winning Tool Girl will steal your heart and inspire you to make it no matter what your field of expertise or business.Chef AJ has been devoted to a plant-based diet for almost 40 years. She is the host of the television series Healthy Living with CHEF AJ which airs on Foody TV. With her comedy background, she has made appearances on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Show with David Letterman and more. A chef, culinary instructor and professional speaker, she is author of the popular book Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight, which chronicles her journey from a junk-food vegan faced with a diagnosis of pre-cancerous polyps, to learning how to create foods that nourish and heal the body. Episode #005 on iTunes!
Kristi Ling‘s new book will give you insights on how to be happy anytime, anywhere by practicing! In Operation Happiness, happiness strategist and life coach Kristi Ling teaches you how to create immediate, positive shifts in your life by proving that happiness is a skill that can be cultivated, learned, and mastered-much like playing an instrument. Learn more about her life and book in Episode #006.
Merrilee Boyack is an author multiple times over with hits such as “Toss the Guilt and Catch the Joy: A Woman’s Guide to a Better Life”, “Strangling Your Husband is NOT an Option: A Practical Guide to Dramatically Improving Your Marriage“ and “Standing Up in a Sit-Down World” along with multiple children’s books that I adore. Not only is she a speaker and author, she just so happens to be my Trust Attorney. Go figure! Check her out on Episode #007 on iTunes or Google Play.Danielle Omar, RD is an Integrative Dietitian, Nutrition Consultant and founder of FoodConfidence.com, where busy men and women find the path to confidently manage their health and how they eat. Her clients not only reach their weight and wellness goals, but also embrace a new way of looking at food and nutrition. Through her own lifestyle example and her inherent gift of teaching, Danielle guides her clients through a transformation from old eating patterns to a renewed way of life. After working with Danielle, clients are left with a deeper understanding of the obstacles that led to unhealthy nutrition habits, and how to remove those obstacles, rather than work around them temporarily. Her amazing insights can be heard on Episode #008 on iTunes or Google Play.Jenny Oaks Baker America’s Violinist, Jenny Oaks Baker is a Grammy Nominated, Billboard No. 1 performer and recording artist. She received her Master of Music degree from the renowned Juilliard School in New York City and her Bachelor’s Degree in violin performance from the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia. She has performed as a soloist at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Strathmore Hall, the Library of Congress and as a guest soloist with The National Symphony, Jerusalem Symphony, Pittsburgh Symphony, San Diego Symphony, Utah Symphony, and the internationally acclaimed Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Over the years Jenny has collaborated with such luminaries as Gladys Knight, Kurt Bestor, Marvin Hamlisch, and the former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.Jenny has released fifteen studio albums since 1998. They have sold over half a million copies and consistently chart on Billboard. Jenny’s emotionally stirring music has also been featured on the soundtracks of many films, and her popular music videos can be viewed on her Youtube Channel. Her interview can be heard on Episode #009 on iTunes or Google Play.Elizabeth Johnston of Own Your Creativity has helped me in writing my memoirs and owning my creativity around my podcast as one of my accountability partners. From manuscript feedback to helping businesses write their own stories to screenplay writing help, Elizabeth is a master in her field. Listen to her Episode #010 and find out what your next step is in writing your memoir, screenplay or business story. She rocks!
By Lauri Mackey — 2 years ago
This is the last post of my Goal Post Series for January. I’ve liked having a theme forthe month. Do you? If so, let me know in the comments so I can plan more themed parties for us!
The last piece of the puzzle is Accountability. This is a new one for me this year, but I have so many goals that I wanted to report to someone so my goals wouldn’t get lost in the melee of my big, beautiful life. At the end of my list of Promises for 2017 I added one more new category: Giddy-Up Goal Celebrations.
I wanted to be able to celebrate all of my small wins and be encouraged in my journey. I ended up with 4 accountabilities (of course, you can have as many or as little as you like!). I have a Podcast Accountability group with two other awesome women that keep me on track with my podcasting goals. We meet via Skype every Tuesday. I have a Book-Writing Accountability team member who we simply email each other every Wednesday on our progress and encourage each other. I have a Speech accountability that I do every Thursday with guess who? Myself! I was challenged by one of my podcast guests, Whitney Johnson to do 10 FREE Speeches during 2017 and I am sending pitches out to whomever will listen to get my message out there. And last, but definitely not least, I “hired” my best friend, Lizzie to check in with me monthly and then quarterly on my entire goal list.
And guess what? She is making me a gold star chart! How cool is that? She is most definitely a mom and wanted to make some sort of chart to show my progress and we giggled about gold stars, but then thought…why the heck not? It will be fun and you can bet I’ll be fighting for each of those earned gold stars!!
Goals are great. Goals written down are in a much higher percentile to actually happen and get accomplished. Goals that you have to report back to someone?? Over 90%, baby! I’m adding this element to rock my Promises for 2017!
And there you have it…4 blog posts on Dreaming Big, Reflection, Bite-Size Chunks, and Accountability. Now get out there and get ‘er done! I believe in you!
By Lauri Mackey — 2 years ago
- Dream Big
- This month’s Wednesday Blogs will be focused on setting goals or what I have termed “Promises”. This year I decided to shake things up a bit and use different description words and generally make my goals a lot more FUN! I wanted to use my creativity and playfulness – we can sometimes be so stodgy, strict, and stick-in-the-muddy when it comes to making our serious goals. Why?
- I decided that while I am serious about reaching my goals there wasn’t a reason on earth not to make them fun, playful, creative and attractive. The Four Blogs will be entitled Dream Big, Reflections, Bite Size Chunks, and Accountability.
- For today, let’s focus on DREAMING BIG. How would you complete the following sentences?
- If money were not an option, I would___________________________________.
- If I could set my fear aside, I would____________________________________.
- My dream job would be_____________________________________________.
- If I had extra money to donate to any philanthropic organization I would pick____________________________________________________________.
- 3 Things I would add to my bucket list__________________________________.
- 3 Movies I’ve always wanted to see but haven’t taken the time are____________.
- If I had an entire day to myself I would spend it doing______________________.
- If I had more time to workout I would do________________________________.
- My Secret Destination Dream vacation would be__________________________.
- Something purely fun I want to learn___________________________________.
- I want to retire at age_______________________________________________.
- If I wrote a book it would be titled______________________________________.
- 2 Projects I’ve put off for entirely too long_______________________________.
- 1 House Project that I would love to finish this year_________________________.
- You get the idea here, right? Allow yourself to dream big. The goal of this exercise isn’t to necessarily see them ALL happen in 2017, but to realize or work on them this year. Is Paris your dream vacation? Start a savings account specifically for that purpose, play a French film with subtitles while eating a crescent to keep your dream alive. Have a nagging house project? Write down what it would take to accomplish that goal. For example, last year I wanted to get new carpet upstairs so long before that became a reality I started saving for the carpet, picked out the carpet and pad as well as got quotes for installation. Want to donate to a philanthropic organization but don’t have the money you would really like to donate? So what! They appreciate all donations. I donate $10/month to PCRM and this year my husband picked 4 different charities he wanted to support at $5/month each. Do something…not nothing.
- And just as a side note…I do have on my promises list for something purely fun. My hubby and I are going to learn to pop wheelies on our mountain bikes! Yes!
- After filling out your DREAMING BIG categories, it’s time to make them fun. Please tune in next Wednesday for the Reflections topic where I look at my goals that I started printing out in 2010 and how this year I changed them from stodgy to playful.
- If this was helpful, please leave a comment below as I would love to hear from you!