Lauri Mackey, CHHC* and Positivity Crusader is the proprietor of Lauri’s Lemonade Stand, a Positivity Podcast for Women
She is the authoress of Positivity Happens, Creating Happiness and Finding Hope through The Art of Holiatry, but her favorite thing is speaking to groups of women in her Positivity Crusade. Lauri studies and teaches The Art of Holiatry which focuses on 3 main points of health and well-being: Physical which includes nourishment, rest, and movement, Psychological which includes your mind and spirit, and then how to bring that best self into the third branch – Social Life which is how you show up in your relationships. Lauri’s unique background of struggle through experience has her shouting from the rooftops that if she can come through it, anyone can!
It took Lauri a long time to figure out how to show up as her best self, most of which happened after age 40 as a matter of fact. All after age 40, Lauri graduated high school, earned a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition through eCornell University, became a Certified Holistic Health Coach through IIN, established Lauri’s Lemonade Stand including a successful interview-based podcast, became a public speaker with training from YSU, and became a mountain bike coach for the local high school team. She’s even raced her mountain bike and made it onto a few local podiums! The proof is in the pudding and as she claims, “if she can do it, anyone can”. Lauri believes that it is never too late to start the next chapter of your life.
Lauri lives in Prescott Valley, AZ where she podcasts from her home studio and lives with her best friend and husband, Eddy with their dog, Lakota. She is a mother of three grown daughters and a Gram to three beautiful grandchildren.
*CHHC – Certified Holistic Health Coach
10 Fun Facts/Notables:
- Mountain Biking makes me feel strong and powerful.
- I keep a stuffed animal on my studio desk called the Love Monster – he is adorbs!
- I collect movies! Mostly anything Marvel puts out these days, but loved DC’s Wonder Woman! I have almost 400 DVD’s as of last count.
- Reading is a passion! Louis Lamour is my favorite, but I highly recommend Josi S Kilpack and Nancy Campbell Allen. (Nancy’s steampunk romances are awesomesauce!)
- Holding the Microphone…Ya, I kinda have a love affair with it.
- Hot Pink. So many clothes and accessories…love this color!
- The podcast has been such a blast! Love the women (and even the couple of men) I’ve interviewed – all so powerful!
- I’m seriously an OCD organizational freakazoid – I don’t even own a junk drawer.
- I do not have a green thumb, but I’m proud to say that it has changed from black to brown. There are still a few plants I can keep alive in and outside my house…have learned to embrace succulents.
- My superpower is getting along with others. I’m comfortable around lots of different types of people. What is your superpower? Hit me up on my FB page and let me know!
To sign up for my monthly newsletter and to get “Eddy’s 60 Days of Sunshine” – Subscribe HERE!
Always check the events page to see if you can see me live, in person at my next speaking gig!