You Might also like
Lauri’s Lemonade StandA Positivity Podcast for WomenHello, Lemonaders! My name is Lauri Mackey and I created Lauri’s Lemonade Stand to help women over 40 either enhance who we already are or if needed, to start from scratch to re-create ourselves and figure out who we want to be when we grow up. To do this, we need inspiration from others who have gone before us or who are living that reality right now. Most of the positivity podcast is interview-based so that we can hear others stories of hope and empowerment. To hear from others who have hit rock bottom and found the only way to go was or is up. As Stephanie McKenzie stated in her podcast episode 017, we are here to help those who haven’t reached where we are yet and also look forward to those who have already been where we are now. Here is a good example of what I’m talking about:During my very first interview, 001 Rebecca Rusch, who is a multi-world champion mountain biker, author, speaker and all around bad-ass that I admire discussed how more women were getting into mountain-biking, but that the the sport is mostly male-dominated. Basically, we ride with guys more than we do gals. We talked about how we can watch a guy take some technical section, make it look easy, but that we still may be reluctant or hesitant to try it ourselves. Then we get our gal friend, like Lindsey Voreis on episode 003 who is also an awesome mountain biker and teaches other women confidence throught this amazing sport take the same technical section and it gives us the courage and strength to try it ourselves. In other words, as women, we need each other!We need each other to create courage, give each other strength, build each other up and create contagious energy to do and be better. To take our “sucking lemons” moments and turn them into sweet lemonade.Some of the other podcasts, while still interview-based are just fun, like episode 012 where Irene Thomas teaches us how to Geocache or Jo Ellen Soesbee who is the Tool Box Tom Girl in episode 004 who will inspire you to pick up those tools and do it yourself before ever making a phone call to the handyman.Another fun part of every episode are the Lemonade Moments I ask at the end of every interview to my guests. Because I am constantly putting them on the hot seat, I thought I should also have to answer these questions myself so here goes:Question #1 – Name one activity you do every day without fail? Well, the obvious answer was brush and floss my teeth, but my official answer is reading my scriptures, writing in my journal and saying a prayer to do good that day. Question #2 – Favorite Guilty Pleasure Food? French Fries from Veggie Grill!! Not the kind you get at fast food joints, the thick, covered in fun seasoning kind of fries. I would say the runner up to that would be the banana chocolate peanut butter vegan soft-serve my dear hubby makes for me when I have a sweet tooth. Did I mention I was vegan? Question #3 – Biggest Pet Peeve? The buttons at crosswalks!! Seriously, do you ever see those people standing there hitting that button a thousand times until they get the light? It doesn’t matter if you push it once or a hundred times…the light is going to change at the same time. Somewhere along the line someone told someone else that the more times you push it the more people it thinks is standing there so it will change faster. Big lie! It doesn’t think at all, hello! It will change just as fast for the one as for the dozen. Yep…feel a little passionate about that one! Haha! Question #4 – Favorite Quote I’m loving right now. Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well by Zig Ziglar. Hence this podcast! Or writing a blog, or learning a new skill on a bike. You have to start somewhere…the most important thing to do is to start!Question #5 and the last one – What’s the biggest thing I’ve accomplished since turning 40. Graduating high school for sure! It was seriously one of the hardest things I did as an adult! You can check out episode 013 to get the full scoop but let me just say that it’s way harder as an adult to graduate than as a teenager. Tell your teenagers to stay in school!!What are some of the other things I’ve accomplished since turning 40? After graduating high school, becoming a certified Starchivore, earning a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell University, becoming a Certified health coach through The Institute of Integrative Nutrition, establishing Lauri’s Lemonade Stand Blog/Podcast/Website/Facebook page, becoming an Inspirational Speaker with training from YSU and Lisa Nichols Motivating the Masses, earning my Young Women’s medallion through the Personal Progress program, racing mountain bikes and becoming a mountain bike coach to our local high school team. Seriously, ladies…if I can do it…anyone can!What are my next goals? To write a book! I have been taking all sorts of courses and researching what it takes to write a book. How to publish traditionally or self-publish, what to write about that will make the most difference in helping other women accomplish their goals. Just to hold myself accountable, I’m setting a date to release a book by Christmas 2017. That gives me just over a year to get it written and sorted out. A noble goal and I can’t wait to share it with all of you!Ladies, this positivity podcast for women was created out of love to offer support in your journey. Wherever you are, you are right where you are supposed to be. I’m betting that if you have 45 minutes per week to listen while you’re driving, working out, or just hanging at home you will feel the love and inspiration of these wonderful women. That you won’t feel so alone in your journey. That you will feel empowered to do and be whatever your little heart desires.If you need daily doses of positivity – checkout my Facebook Page called Lauri’s Lemonade Stand.For weekly doses of positivity – you can check out my blog at laurislemonadestand.blogspot.com.And for the best lemonade recipe ever, check out my website at laurislemonadestand.com. If you subscribe to my email list and I sure hope you do, you will also get “Eddy’s 60 Days of Sunshine” pdf for FREE to help create positive, lemonade moments in the life of someone you love who may be feeling down.Looking forward to sharing this podcast journey with you and wishing you all the best in whatever you are pursuing right now. I would love to hear from you so please, pretty please chime in in the rate and review of this podcast and subscribe because iTunes will make sure it gets out there to more women of our tribe and don’t forget to hit “like” on Facebook! Love to you all, My Lemonaders in Training! Enjoy the show and thank you for listening!
- Dream Big
- This month’s Wednesday Blogs will be focused on setting goals or what I have termed “Promises”. This year I decided to shake things up a bit and use different description words and generally make my goals a lot more FUN! I wanted to use my creativity and playfulness – we can sometimes be so stodgy, strict, and stick-in-the-muddy when it comes to making our serious goals. Why?
- I decided that while I am serious about reaching my goals there wasn’t a reason on earth not to make them fun, playful, creative and attractive. The Four Blogs will be entitled Dream Big, Reflections, Bite Size Chunks, and Accountability.
- For today, let’s focus on DREAMING BIG. How would you complete the following sentences?
- If money were not an option, I would___________________________________.
- If I could set my fear aside, I would____________________________________.
- My dream job would be_____________________________________________.
- If I had extra money to donate to any philanthropic organization I would pick____________________________________________________________.
- 3 Things I would add to my bucket list__________________________________.
- 3 Movies I’ve always wanted to see but haven’t taken the time are____________.
- If I had an entire day to myself I would spend it doing______________________.
- If I had more time to workout I would do________________________________.
- My Secret Destination Dream vacation would be__________________________.
- Something purely fun I want to learn___________________________________.
- I want to retire at age_______________________________________________.
- If I wrote a book it would be titled______________________________________.
- 2 Projects I’ve put off for entirely too long_______________________________.
- 1 House Project that I would love to finish this year_________________________.
- You get the idea here, right? Allow yourself to dream big. The goal of this exercise isn’t to necessarily see them ALL happen in 2017, but to realize or work on them this year. Is Paris your dream vacation? Start a savings account specifically for that purpose, play a French film with subtitles while eating a crescent to keep your dream alive. Have a nagging house project? Write down what it would take to accomplish that goal. For example, last year I wanted to get new carpet upstairs so long before that became a reality I started saving for the carpet, picked out the carpet and pad as well as got quotes for installation. Want to donate to a philanthropic organization but don’t have the money you would really like to donate? So what! They appreciate all donations. I donate $10/month to PCRM and this year my husband picked 4 different charities he wanted to support at $5/month each. Do something…not nothing.
- And just as a side note…I do have on my promises list for something purely fun. My hubby and I are going to learn to pop wheelies on our mountain bikes! Yes!
- After filling out your DREAMING BIG categories, it’s time to make them fun. Please tune in next Wednesday for the Reflections topic where I look at my goals that I started printing out in 2010 and how this year I changed them from stodgy to playful.
- If this was helpful, please leave a comment below as I would love to hear from you!
This is the last post of my Goal Post Series for January. I’ve liked having a theme forthe month. Do you? If so, let me know in the comments so I can plan more themed parties for us!
The last piece of the puzzle is Accountability. This is a new one for me this year, but I have so many goals that I wanted to report to someone so my goals wouldn’t get lost in the melee of my big, beautiful life. At the end of my list of Promises for 2017 I added one more new category: Giddy-Up Goal Celebrations.
I wanted to be able to celebrate all of my small wins and be encouraged in my journey. I ended up with 4 accountabilities (of course, you can have as many or as little as you like!). I have a Podcast Accountability group with two other awesome women that keep me on track with my podcasting goals. We meet via Skype every Tuesday. I have a Book-Writing Accountability team member who we simply email each other every Wednesday on our progress and encourage each other. I have a Speech accountability that I do every Thursday with guess who? Myself! I was challenged by one of my podcast guests, Whitney Johnson to do 10 FREE Speeches during 2017 and I am sending pitches out to whomever will listen to get my message out there. And last, but definitely not least, I “hired” my best friend, Lizzie to check in with me monthly and then quarterly on my entire goal list.
And guess what? She is making me a gold star chart! How cool is that? She is most definitely a mom and wanted to make some sort of chart to show my progress and we giggled about gold stars, but then thought…why the heck not? It will be fun and you can bet I’ll be fighting for each of those earned gold stars!!
Goals are great. Goals written down are in a much higher percentile to actually happen and get accomplished. Goals that you have to report back to someone?? Over 90%, baby! I’m adding this element to rock my Promises for 2017!
And there you have it…4 blog posts on Dreaming Big, Reflection, Bite-Size Chunks, and Accountability. Now get out there and get ‘er done! I believe in you!