My Podcast is officially available on the iTunes Store! Click HERE!
Podcast Episode Show Notes:
Episode 001 Rebecca Rusch – Listen Here!
Rebecca Rusch is one of the great endurance athletes of her generation. She has amassed victories and broken records in endurance mountain biking, adventure racing, Nordic skiing, and white-water rafting. Through her SRAM Gold Rusch Tour, female media camps, and an all-girls mountain biking camp in her local community, Rebecca takes pride in sharing her love for cycling with women and girls. She also works as a firefighter in her beloved hometown of Ketchum, Idaho, where she also stages a charity race, Rebecca’s Private Idaho, every August.
- Time Track:
- 4:50 – Formula for Success
- 6:29 – Saying YES when it’s less scary to say no.
- 7:10 – Why we need to share our stories.
- 9:30 – Great Quote!
- 11:08 – Always be a Student
- 13:02 – Universal Fear of Failure
- 16:28 – Best Quote of the Entire Podcast!
- 21:37 – You Can’t be What You Can’t See
- 23:43 – Contagious Energy
- 26:20 – Phoenix Rising from the Ashes
- 30:20 – Accomplishing so Much after age 40
- 31:59 – Definition of Success
- 36:23 – Lemonade Moments!
ALSO! Find Rebecca Rusch on Facebook and Twitter.
Episode 002 Joi Whaley – Listen Here!
Joi grew up in California. Being a “California Girl” left a lasting impression on her and is reflected in her love of an active and healthy lifestyle. This upbringing is also seen in her passion for food, cooking and entertaining. Joi has always had the ability to go out for dinner, taste a meal and then go home and use it as a source of inspiration. This creative impluse has given her an opportunity to refine her approach in the kitchen while creating many amazing meals, always keeping her beliefs and knowledge of nutrition in the forefront of her recipes. After the end of her 20 year marriage, Joi was at a crossroads. She had the choice to play it safe or reach for the stars, because of Joi’s belief that the cost for safety is regret, she took a leap of faith and opened a plant based restaurant. JOi Cafe is an amazing expression of Joi’s unique relationship with her business partner Nick Johanson and her love of food, people, health and the hero’s journey. Still the greatest satisfaction in Joi’s life comes from helping people. As Joi says, “I have never met a stranger”. This truth has created an abundance of satisfaction in her personal and business life
- Time Track:
- 2:00 – Why I chose Joi to be on this podcast.
- 4:32 – A Leap of Faith
- 8:13 – Bless It or Block It
- 10:21 – A HUGE Risk
- 13:13 – Advice for Women
- 16:17 – Awesome Quote!
- 17:04 – Haters Gonna Hate and what to do about it.
- 20:37 – What do you do?
- 26:00 – I don’t have time for perfect anymore.
- 27:34 – A Master Plan
- 30:11 – What if this is it? My death bed wish…
- 35:11 – How to Deal with Aging and Save the World
- 38:43 – 50 is NOT the new 30.
- 40:00 – How to be a Warrior, an Explorer, a Lover
- 43:00 – A Great Capacity to Love by first being Broken.
- 45:30 – Lemonade Moments!
Episode 003 Lindsey Voreis – Listen Here!
Lindsey Richter Voreis has a mission: Change women’s lives with two wheels and some dirt.
Of all her wild life experiences (like being a reality TV star) it was mountain biking that taught Lindsey that life is about CREATING yourself, not finding yourself… Now as a certified skills instructor through PMBI (Professional Mountain Bike Instruction), and IMBA’s ICP (Instructor Certification Program), Lindsey spreads her passion for mountain biking across the globe through her inspirational Liv Ladies AllRide mountain bike clinics.
“I travel the globe teaching women’s clinics. I am lucky to ride with some of the best in the world and I am constantly studying and learning fun and effective ways to teach. I believe women need the guidance of another woman who understands their hesitations and fears, and knows how women learn. I was once intimidated by the sport (and life) and hard on myself, but I learned how my attitude towards my bike related to my attitude in life. I’ve stopped backing away from things that scare me and I am an example of how progressing properly led to higher self-esteem and belief in myself on and off the bike. Eleanor Roosevelt said: “Do something that scares you everyday.” I can attest, conquering fear is the best feeling ever!”
You can Find Lindsey Voreis on Facebook Ladies All Ride and Twitter
- Time Track
- 4:44 – Embrace Your Cry
- 6:17 – Lindsey on “Survivor” in Kenya, Africa
- 12:00 – How Did You Overcome the Negativity of Survivor?
- 13:45 – Mountain Biking a Catalyst for Change
- 15:00 – Face your Fears
- 18:29 – Struggling on Having a Clear, Quiet, Positive, Happy Mind
- 21:40 – How did Ladies AllRide Begin?
- 28:05 – Lindsey finds her Tribe! You can be a part of her Tribe!
- 30:48 – “Actually, I Can” by Liv Cycling
- 33:10 – I Lost My Teeth!
- 36:21 – 2017 Clinics Available When?
- 38:45 – Lemonade Moments!
Episode 004 Jo Ellen Soesbee – Listen Here!
Jo Ellen Soesbee is the CEO and founder of ToolBox TomGirl, LLC a home and commercial repair company. Her company offers repair services for home owners and facility maintenance repairs for retail/commercial companies. Jo Ellen offers a women-to-women contractor side to the business. Jo Ellen is the proud recipient of one of the 2009 & 2012 Top 100 Minority Business awards for Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and DC, and was named the 2012 Woman of the Year for the Association of Builders and Contractors. She was recently (2015) given an award from the Baltimore Business Journal for being one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the Baltimore area.
Jo Ellen is a trainer and educator. She received her B.S. degree from the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in Business Leadership. She developed her business plan while at Hopkins and has not looked back since.
Jo Ellen is an instructor with Anne Arundel Community College as well as various senior centers in the surrounding counties. She teaches women the basics of home repairs, drywall repair, Woodworking 101, maintenance classes, as well as gives advice and information on how to become “green” around the home to save money and the environment. Jo Ellen gives hands-on training in small home repairs, hosts a monthly repair club, and presents talks and seminars on home repairs as well as lectures on what it takes to become a woman in business.
On the personal side, Jo Ellen is the mother of 29 year-old twins (yes, Jo Ellen is an older worker), and a grandmother. She is passionate about her work and thrives on having fun as well as working hard.
Check it all out on www.toolboxtomgirl.com!
- Time Track
- 4:10 – Career Secretary to HandyWoman
- 7:08 – Fake it Til You Make it!
- 9:38 – From Homework to a Business
- 12:30 – The Story of the Toilet Handle – Righty is NOT Tighty, Lefty is NOT Loosey
- 17:10 – Old Business to ToolBoxTomGirl
- 20:55 – Pass on your Passion
- 24:08 – Pushing Through Negativity
- 29:18 – “The Mood Log” and How to Use It
- 33:29 – Jo Ellen will Answer ANY Question related to HandyMan Work
- 34:30 – Make a Plan!
- 36:10 – The Google “KEEP” App – Simple, but Cool!
- 37:28 – Downsize – If it doesn’t make you happy, you don’t need it. If it isn’t adding to your life, get rid of it.
- 38:05 – The Compound Effect
- 40:00 – values.com – Good News/Good Advertising
- 41:35 – Lemonade Moments! (How to eat Reese’s PB Cups the RIGHT WAY!)
- 44:50 – Practice Smiling!