25 Kinds of Journals to Keep
In a recent podcast interview with Laurie Blackwell (Episode 27), we talked the inside out and sideways of journal writing. Upon finding out our mutual passion of the subject, Laurie created this amazing list that includes 25 different kinds of journals you could create.
Laurie also teaches online journaling classes at www.laurieblackwell.com.
Check out the podcast interview here. Enjoy and get journaling!
25 Kinds of Journals to Keep
- A Diary :: a fictional pen-pal to write to about all of your happenings and feelings
- A Historical Record of Days :: think Lewis and Clark, complete with weather reports and sketches of objects encountered
- An Art Journal :: filled with pages of color, collage, drawings
- A Travel Journal :: a reflection on and memories concerning a trip away from home
- A Pen-Pal Journal :: You complete a page, send it to a friend who makes a page and sends it back to you
- A Grief Journal :: a way to remember and honor someone you loved and now miss
- A Positivity Journal :: a book to keep all happy thoughts and good happenings in so you can remember how wonderful life really is
- A Wish Journal :: a place to keep all those things (thoughts, clippings, pictures) of the things your heart desires
- A Dream Journal :: record the subconscious happenings in your mind while you sleep (upon waking up, of course)
- A Family Journal :: a place where everyone in the household can express themselves whenever they like (such a keepsake!)
- A Letters Journal :: where you write all the letters you will never send but have to put out there
- A Book Journal :: a record of all the books you read – when, what, and your own personal review
- A Bullet Journal :: the ultimate “get it done” way to organize
- A Relationship Journal :: a place to store mementos, dates, and details about your life together
- Wonderful Words Journal :: put all the words that sound beautiful or mean something special to you in this book, including their definitions
- A Poetry Journal :: write down all your favorite poems, the ones that really move you, all in one journal
- A Place to Vent Journal :: All the stuff you’d like to get off your chest; write it down here and when the journal is full, throw it away!
- The Things I Never Want to Forget Journal :: memories throughout your life that you want to treasure forever
- A Journal of My Favorites :: a place to record all those things you love the most, like your favorite restaurant, movie, song, scent, season…
- A Journal of Recipes :: all the tried and true yummy food and the ones you’d like to make
- A Patterns Journal :: patterns you love – pieces cut from cloth, magazines, catalogs, and drawings of patterns that you’ve seen or from your imagination
- A Healthy Me Journal :: what you eat each day, goals for being healthier, an exercise log, etc.
- A Journal for Doodles :: a place to draw to your heart’s content
- A Money Journal :: where you record all the money that comes into your life and how you spend it; a pretty and concise way to watch your pennies
- A Reflections Journal :: an account of things you do and how they could be improved in the future; this is a game-changer